The fourth edition of the Ghana Beverage Awards (GBA 2019) was successfully organised on 13th June 2020 under the theme “Inspiring Excellence in Ghana’s Beverage Industry” with the aim of promoting both local and foreign beverages as well as the participation of small-scale beverage enterprises in Ghana.
The awards event was organised virtually in adherence to the recommended COVID-19 protocols to ensure the safety of all stakeholders.
Club Beer emerged the winner of the prestigious Product of the Year award which is the ultimate award of the event.
Below is the full list of the winners of all the 19 categories of GBA 2019;
- New Beverage of the Year: Bel Soda
- Spirit of the Year: Castle Bridge
- Cocoa/ Chocolate/ Dairy Product of the Year: Vitamilk Soya Drink
- Fruit Drink of the Year: Blueskies Juice
- International Spirit of the Year: Jameson Irish Whiskey
- International Beer of the Year: Heineken Lager Beer
- International Wine of the Year: Jacob’s Creek
- International Liqueur of the Year: Baileys Irish Cream
- Local Beverage Ad of the Year: Alomo @ 20 Ad
- Energy Drink of the Year: Rush Energy Drink
- CSD of the Year: Planet Flavoured Drinks
- Cider/RTD of the Year: Orijin Beer
- Liqueur of the Year: Kpoo Keke
- Beer of the Year: Club Beer
- Bitters of the Year: Alomo Bitters
- Water of the Year: Voltic Natural Mineral Water
- CSR Company of the Year: Kasapreko Company Limited
- Manufacturing Company of the Year: Twellium Industrial Company Limited
- Product of the Year: Club Beer
The Ghana Beverage Awards is organized by Global Media Alliance. Supporting partners are the Food Research Institute (FRI) under CSIR, Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA), Consumer Protection Agency and the Food and Beverage Association of Ghana (FABAG).
Other partners for this year’s awards include Perception Management International, Telande, Sunseekers Tours, Archbert Media, Kencity Media Group, Citi FM, Daily Graphic, The Chronicle, Business 24, Ghanaweb, The Publisher, GTV and GTV Sports+.